Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownie
2 cups finely grated sweet potato (peel off skin before grating)
2 whole eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of finely chopped dates
2 tbsp raw/manuka honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup coconut oil
(just use extra extra virgin if you don’t have this)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp bicarbonate (baking) soda
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp vanilla protein powder
(use any type of flour if you don’t want to put protein powder in)
1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 185˚C (365˚F). Line a slice tin with non-stick baking paper.
2. Place everything in a big bowl and mix thoroughly! The amount of honey you put in depends how sweet you want them so vary accordingly but this amount worked for me and they were perfectly sweet!
3. Walnuts are optional, you can use other nuts or none but they add a nice bit of crunch!
4. Pour into prepared slice tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until skewer comes out mostly clean. It may still look a bit squidgy but don’t cook for more than 30 minutes as you want them to still be moist and soft and once you leave them to cool they will firm up a bit anyway.
5. Serve with crème fraiche/greek yoghurt once cooled.
(adapted from Chantelle Grady/paleo recipe)