Spinach Base Quiche
½ bag of frozen spinach
6 – 8 eggs
2 plum tomatoes
2 tbsp of soy/any milk
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat over to 180oC.
2. Defrost your frozen spinach and squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
3. Line your quiche dish with baking parchment and then pat down the frozen spinach around the edges and base to make a ½ cm crust. Try not make sure it is as dense and packed in as possible with no gaps for the egg to escape!
4. Place in over to dry out for 10 minutes.
5. In a jug mix 6-8 eggs, I only used 2 egg yolks and the rest I just used egg whites but it is up to you how you like it and number of eggs depends on exact size of your quiche dish.
6. Add the milk, salt and pepper and finely chopped courgette and tomatoes to the jug and mix thoroughly.
7. Remove the quiche base from the oven and pour in your egg mixture so it fills up right to brim.
8. Carefully place back in the oven and cook for around 30-40 minutes, again it depends on the size of your dish but it should go slightly golden on top when done.
9. Place on the side and leave to cool and set before slicing.