Spicy Meatballs with Mozarella and Fresh Basil
2 red chilies
2 garlic cloves
Pack of mozzarella
1 carton of passata
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp grated parmesan
1 tsp mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Place the mince, chopped chilies, garlic and mixed herbs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix together and then make into small meatballs.
2. Fry meatballs in frying pan in a little groundnut oil and once browned add the onion and continue to cook on low temperate until onions have softened and meatballs are cooked through.
3. Add passata, tomato puree, parmesan and cook until warmed through. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Slice mozzarella and place on top with fresh basil and leave for a couple of minutes for mozzarella to melt.
5. Served with fresh gnocchi and rocket and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.