Roasted Butternut Squash, Feta and Spinach
1 large butternut squash about 1.2kg
2 tbsp good olive oil plus extra for drizzling
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin seeds
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
200g purple sprouting broccoli/Spinach
4 tbsp pumpkin seeds toasted
200g-400g feta cheese to taste for crumbling
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
2. Peel and cut the squash into wedges or large chunks, then toss in the olive oil, chilli flakes, cumin seeds and salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a roasting tin and put in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes, turning after 20 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked.
4. Meanwhile, trim and cut up the broccoli and blanch in a pan of salted boiling water for about 4 minutes, or until al dente. If you are using Spinach there is no need to pre cook or heat it. Once cooked, toss with the squash and pumpkin seeds.
5. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and the feta crumbled over the top. This goes beautifully with any grilled meat or fish. I served it with sausages and some sliced avocado.
(Taken from James Duigan’s Clean and Lean Cookbook)