Raw Summer Berry Cheesecake
1 cup macadamia nuts
½ cup walnuts
½ cup dates
¼ cup dried, unsweetened coconut
1 pinch sea salt
¼ cup hemp seeds (optional but add some crunch!)
3 cups cashews
¾ cup lemon juice
¾ cup agave or honey
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups frozen summer fruits or berries of choice
½ cup dates
NB. I have not 'forgotten' any ingredients above, this is a dairy free, wheat free, raw healthy cheesecake but trust me it tastes just as delicious and creamy as the more traditional style ones!
1. Place the macadamia nuts, walnuts salt and dates into your food processor. Process nuts and dates until well processed but still airy. Then stir in the hemp seeds
2. Line your tin (I just use a bread loaf tin I have) with foil (makes it easier to get the cake out later) and sprinkle the coconut on the bottom as your very first layer. It makes it easier to remove the cheesecake and the coconut stops the crust from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Then press the nut and date mixture down into the pan to form the crust. Place in freezer whilst you make the filling.
3. Place all cream-cheese filling ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend! Add as little water as necessary to facilitate blending. (Try to add as little water as possible, I didn’t need any but just in case!) Pour mixture on top of crust.
4. Place the above in freezer for an hour or so.
5. Meanwhile, place frozen berries and dates in your high-speed blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour this mixture on top of the crust/creamcheese once it has hardened.
6. Place the raw cheesecake recipe back in freezer. Freeze until this raw cheesecake recipe reaches the desired consistency (takes a few hours)
7. Defrost this raw cheesecake recipe for about a half-hour before eating if you want it slightly softened or just eat straight from the freezer (like I do!)