Quinoa Flour Tortillas
I never realized how easy it was to make your own tortillas!
4 cups of quinoa flour
3/3 cup rice flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp olive oil
1-1/2 cups of hot water
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix and kneed until you have a smooth dough. Don’t add all the water at once, add it bit my bit until you think it’s the right texture.
2. Separate into around 10-15 balls depends on what size wraps you want.
3. Roll balls into a circle and the flatten using tortilla press or if you don’t have one I just squashed them with a large chopping board and then rolled them out slightly using a rolling pin.
4. Don’t roll too thin or they tend to fall apart.
5. Heat a pan, no oil or anything needed just a dry hot pan and then add a tortilla, cook for a minute or some until slightly browned and then flip over to cook the other side.