Ginger and Orange Granola
250g jumbo rolled oats
50g nibbed or flaked almonds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
1tsb ground ginger
Pinch of salt
5-6 tbsp honey1 large orange
1. Pre heat the oven to 180oC.
2. Mix the oats, almonds, pumkin seeds, sunflower seed, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
3. Melt 50g butter with 5-6 tbsp honey, and then add the grated zest of 1 large orange.
4. Pour the melted butter over the oat mixture and stir well.
5. Spread the mixture on wide baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown, giving it a stir every 5 minutes to ensure it colours evenly.
Tip: Dont put the oven too high and take time to stir often and just be patient, its worth the wait if you let it just cook slowly and get nice and brown!