Broccoli/Cauliflower Base Pizza
1 whole broccoli/califlower
1 small red onion (white ones can be a bit watery)
1 large clove of garlic
2 tsp of olive oil
2 small eggs
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 clove of garlic grated
1/2 cup of passata
Mixed Herb Seasoning
Anything you like! I used...
1. Preheat your oven to 160oC, place the tray you are going to put the pizza on in the oven too.
2. Place onion, garlic and broccoli/califlower in food processor and blitz until finely chopped, dont over blitz or it will go to mush. I used all of the broccoli, stalk included.
3. Place in bowl and mix in egg, salt and pepper.
4. Take a piece of baking parchment and lay it out on the work top. Brush with a small about of olive oil (this will just help to stop the bottom sticking when cooking)
5. Pour out your mix into the middle of the baking paper and then flatten out to given an even base, make it as thin as possible (definitely less than 1cm). When you are pushing it down flat make sure you use a knife and push the sides/edges in and then pat them out again so that they are the same height or even slightly higher around the edges otherwise the edge will burn before the rest of it is ready.
6. Dont worry it can be quite moist but thats fine. Once your happy with the base get out your hot flat baking tray, side the pizza onto it and place it straight back in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden. Be patient, it will look like nothing is happening and its not working but it just takes time and you dont want to burn it so slowly and gently is key.
7. I then took it out after about 40 mintues and used a plate to cut out a perfect circle but this isnt necessary unless the presentation is that important to you!
8. Whislt the base is cooking mix all the tomato sauce ingredients in a bowl, you want it to be quite thick and not too watery so add more puree if you need to.
9. Place a thin layer of sauce over your base, add topppings of your choice and then place back in oven at 180oC - 200oC for around 10 minutes until toppings are cooked and edge of the pizza has gone crispy.
10. Leave for a few mins before you try and slide it off or peel off the baking parchment from the bottom as once its cooled a little it sets a bit and steam that comes off it help its slide off a little easier if you just wait a few minutes!
11. Delicious hot or cold and with salad!